Developing the Press Release
Drafting and issuing the press release is your organization’s responsibility. Prime Video doesn't write press releases and these aren't joint announcements.
Before submitting your release for approval, review the checklist below to ensure that your release fits all the criteria to avoid delays during the review process.
The release should not:
- Use the terms "partners" or "partnership" to describe the relationship.
- Refer to Prime Video Direct as the destination to view your content. Remember, Prime Video Direct is the business-facing distribution service and isn't a viewing destination.
- Include a quote from a Prime Video executive.
- Refer to your title as an "Exclusive," "Special," or "Original."
- Disclose proprietary information about Amazon.
- Include viewership projections or information.
- Refer to the Amazon stock ticker symbol (AMZN).
- Use the "About Amazon" boilerplate. It's reserved for Amazon releases only.
- Make claims about someone or something being "the best," "first," "only," etc.
This template can be used as a guide when drafting your press release.
Please keep your release to 1.5 pages or less.
[Insert Title] Now Available on Amazon Prime Video as Part of the Prime Video Direct Content Submission Portal
Include date of release and overview of the news.
Example: Month XX, 20XX – [Insert title] is now available on Prime Video as part of the Prime Video Direct content submission portal in X countries/regions.
Summary of the title/synopsis and cast members information, if relevant.
Quote from cast, producer, or director. Note: Prime Video will not provide a quote.
Link to landing page.
Example: For more information about [insert title], go to [insert website].
(optional): Boilerplate/” about” section. Note: Use of the Amazon or Prime Video boilerplate isn't permitted.
(optional): Contact information
- First Name Last Name
- Direct phone number
- Email address
# # #